Xbox One is a line of eighth generation home video game consoles developed by Microsoft. As a well designed controller, Xbox One Controller can provide gamers excellent experience when playing a game. But it has problems sometimes. Keeping your Xbox One Controller driver updated is an important thing you need to do to maintain good performance of Xbox One Controller. Here are three ways you can use to update this driver.
To verify, you can go to Devices and Printers window again and see that your controller driver icon has changed to a gamepad (6.2). Now you can use your controller as an Xbox One controller on your PC. Should you have any additional questions related to this, or if you need our assistance, please get in touch with us by submitting a request here. There are plenty of gamers who play PC games via XBOX 360 controllers instead of usual gaming keyboard and gaming mouse combination. For some user’s comfortable with Keyboard + Mouse and some with Xbox 360 controller for Windows 10 Operating System but for some PC games, it is just to use Xbox 360 controller to run that game easily.
- Every button on the standard Xbox One controller is represented by an input port on the side of the Xbox Adaptive Controller, and users can use 3.5mm or USB devices to control these functions in.
- If your Xbox Wireless Controller appears to be mapped incorrectly, such as one button performing another button’s actions (for example, the right bumper acts as the Menu button), it’s likely your controller needs to be updated. To update your controller using either an Xbox One console or a Windows 10 PC, see.
Method 1: Update Xbox One Controller Drivers in Device Manager
Updating drivers in Device Manager is a very common and simple one among the three ways. Here are steps to do that.
1. Press Windows + R key and input devmgmt.msc. Then click OK.
2. Expand Xbox Peripherals. Right click Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Then it will search and install Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver of new version for you.
Method 2: Download and Update by Driver Booster
Driver Booster is a professional tool that can help you download and install updated and missing drivers. If you want to update several drivers at the same time, using this application is a good option. More importantly, Driver Booster affords you tremendous game components. It can perfectly fix Xbox one controller not working issue as well.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on your computer.
2. Run Driver Booster and click Scan to look for Xbox one Controller driver for Windows 10.
Xbox 1 Controller Pc Driver
3. Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller in the list and then click Update.
Xbox Controller Device Driver
Then Driver Booster is able to install the updated Xbox One Controller driver on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Method 3: Update Xbox Driver from Windows update
When you want to download Xbox One Controller Driver in Microsoft’s official website, you will find a message saying: “Update: Run Windows Update and it will automatically pick up the latest drivers, therefore I am removing the links below.“
Therefore, you can update this driver by performing Windows update. You can go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Then your computer will check and download available updates automatically. After the process is completed, your Xbox One Controller Driver should be updated.
These three ways are all not difficult, so you can choose any one of them to update Xbox One Controller Driver. Remember to make sure this driver regularly so that you can get better experience when you use Xbox One Controller.
Xbox Controller For Windows Drivers