“Days eight to 12 are when we have a really good idea if someone is going to get better or get worse,” said Dr. Powell, director of the Mount Sinai-National Jewish Health. They will be used. Clicking on a week below will provide the latest version. PC 101/L PC 102/L PC 103/L Week 1 Week 8 Week 1 Week 8 Week 1 Week 8 Week 2 Week 9 Week 2 Week 9 Week 2 Week 9 Week 3 Week 10 Week 3 Week 10 Week 3 Week 10 Week 4 Week 11 Week 4 Week 11 Week 4 Week 11.
Proficient students understand that summarizing, identifying what is most important and restating the text in your own words, is an important tool for college success.
- Strategies in this collection of units combine to help create skilled readers who can establish a thoughtful relationship with texts. Each unit offers a variety of options for students to apply the strategies, including reading comprehension booklets, graphic organizers, and opportunities for creative expression.
- Reading Activities For Read-In Day Teachers share their favorite reading activity ideas. Included: Theme ideas for reading fun! For several years, one of the most exciting online events was an annual 'happening' known as 'The Read In!' Some of the most popular children's authors - and 200,000 students - took part.
After all, if you really know a subject, you will be able to summarize it. If you cannot summarize a subject, even if you have memorized all the facts about it, you can be absolutely sure that you have not learned it. And, if you truly learn the subject, you will still be able to summarize it months or years from now.
Proficient students may monitor their understanding of a text by summarizing as they read. They understand that if they can write a one- or two-sentence summary of each paragraph after reading it, then that is a good sign that they have correctly understood it. If they can not summarize the main idea of the paragraph, they know that comprehension has broken down and they need to use fix-up strategies to repair understanding.
Summarizing consists of two important skills:
- identifying the important material in the text, and
- restating the text in your own words.
Since writing a summary consists of omitting minor information, it will always be shorter than the original text.
How to Write a Summary
- A summary begins with an introductory sentence that states the text’s title, author and main thesis or subject.
- A summary contains the main thesis (or main point of the text), restated in your own words.
- A summary is written in your own words. It contains few or no quotes.
- A summary is always shorter than the original text, often about 1/3 as long as the original. It is the ultimate “fat-free” writing. An article or paper may be summarized in a few sentences or a couple of paragraphs. A book may be summarized in an article or a short paper. A very large book may be summarized in a smaller book.
- A summary should contain all the major points of the original text, but should ignore most of the fine details, examples, illustrations or explanations.
- The backbone of any summary is formed by critical information (key names, dates, places, ideas, events, words and numbers). A summary must never rely on vague generalities.
- If you quote anything from the original text, even an unusual word or a catchy phrase, you need to put whatever you quote in quotation marks (“”).
- A summary must contain only the ideas of the original text. Do not insert any of your own opinions, interpretations, deductions or comments into a summary.
- A summary, like any other writing, has to have a specific audience and purpose, and you must carefully write it to serve that audience and fulfill that specific purpose.
- Download About Mothers and Other Monsters.
- Choose an essay from the book.
- Using the information above, write a summary of the essay in a new Google Doc.
- Copy and paste your chapter summary to a new WordPress blog post.
- Submit the URL of your WordPress blog post to your instructor.
Submitting: a website URL
|Writing a Summary KEEP|
|No text chosen|
|Introductory Sentence: Title, Author, Thesis||Proficient|
|No intro sentence|
|Written in Student’s Own Words||Proficient|
|From the text itself|
|Includes Main Points of Text||Proficient|
|Missing or too many details|
|Does Not Include Student’s Opinions||Proficient|
|Summary about 1/3 of original text||Yes|
|Standard Edited English||Few or no errors|
|Errors, but meaning is intact|
|Errors affect understanding|
|Create a summary of a text.||Exceeds expectations|
|Does not meet expectations|
|TOTAL POINTS||50 pts|
There are so many Hungry Jacks stores are located in Victoria State, but I have chosen the one, which is located on the Swanston street. As this store is the closest to our university, therefore it is the most visited by me. This is the double-store building.
HUNGRY jack logo looks like this. It consists of red and yellow colors.
Therefore, when u enter into the store you can notice that there is an combination of 2 colors red and yellow.
Guided Reflection ProtocolFrom the outside you can observe what is happening in the store and also read the menu as this shop has been made of glass. There are 2 automatic doors in this shop. One door faces to the Swanston Street, and the other door faces to the Latrobe Street. People are using 2 doors to enter and to exit, depends where r they going.
I usually come around 12:30-1:30 to have lunch, whenever I come its always busy. The first thing I do is line up as everyone does, some of them are reading the menu to decide what to have for lunch, and I have noticed a group of high school students where shaking their phone to get a free or half price food.
Their face emotion was very excited
Guided Reflection Examples
I think for the Hungry Jack, they have designed a very good phone application device, because it can promote the place and making it more popular by making customer to check in on Facebook and win some food. The process is very easy, you download the applicationsign in Facebook come to the Hungry Jack store check in and free food. Whenever u check in on Facebook, it always appear on your main profile, so a lot of people can see that u have visited the hungry jack store. EASY!;)