Simple Present Tense Examples:Questions Do you have a car? I will also present a simple method which can be used to read out the resulting topological phase diagrams experimentally. I will conclude by saying why the higher-order TIs are promising to study the interplay of topology and interactions and how Machine learning can help us to better understand these.
The Simple Present is the tense that we refer to events, actions, and conditions that are happening all the time, or exist now.
Check these simple present tense examples:
- I live in Madrid
- She loves you
- We don’t like electronic music
- They don’t know you
- Do you make people happy?
- Do you take calls
Table of Contents
Simple Present Tense: Uses
We use the present simple to talk about something that is true in the present:
- I am from Costa Rica
- I live in front of the catholic church
We use the present simple to talk something that happens regularly in the present:
- I play video games every day
- She never does yoga
We also use the present simple to talk about something that is fixed in the future:
- The University starts next week
- We fly to London next week
- The bus leaves at 7:55
Simple Present Tense Examples: Affirmative
These are some example of affirmative sentences
- I play soccer every day
- I make my own lunch
- I like to swim
- She loves her children
- She has a lot of patience
- She buys her groceries in a local store
- He sings every day
- He calls his mom every night
- He watches Television
- We forget things all the time
- We speak Spanish and French
- We need a job
Simple Present Tense Examples: Negative
These are some examples of negative sentences using the Simple Present
- I don’t know English
- I don’t have any money
- I don’t go to church
- She doesn’t like to run
- She doesn’t pray
- She doesn’t work
- He doesn’t have a beard
- He doesn’t like Aerobics
- He doesn’t try hard
- We don’t need a modern car
- We listen to Portugal the man
- We love Maroon 5
Simple Present Tense Examples: Frequency Adverbs
These are some examples of sentences that include frequency adverbs
- I never do yoda
- I never take photographs
- She always visits her mother
- She always runs in the park
- Sometimes he has a couple of drinks after work
- Sometimes he smokes a cigarette during lunch time.
- He often plays with us
- He often comes to the beach with us
- We usually watch Rick and Morty after school
- We usually listen to the Lumineers and Of Monster and Men
Simple Present Tense Examples:Questions
These are some examples of questions using the simple present:
- Do you have any money?
- No, I don’t
- Do you have a car?
- Yes, I do
- Does she need my help?
- Yes, she does
- Do you like Anime?
- Yes, I do
- Does he play video games?
- No, he doesn’t
These are some wh-questions with answers
- Where do you live?
- I live near the beach
- Who do you love?
- I love my family
- What do you do?
- I am a teacher
- How many languages do you know?
- I know English and Spanish
Present Simple And Present Continuous
- What kind of movies do you like?
- I like drama Movies
Can you use the Simple Present Tense?
This is a simple exercises to see how much you already know about the simple present:
Finish these sentences with anything that comes to your mind:
- I have …
- I like to play…
- I don’t know how to …
- I know how to..
- I like to do …
- I love my…
- I miss…
- I am …
- She is my…
- Sometimes I…
Simple Present Tense Examples: Right or Wrong?
Read the following sentences and figure out if there is something wrong with them of if these are absolutely right.
If you aren’t sure, check the example:
- I live near the school
- I doesn’t know you
- She don’t play soccer very well
- She loves children
- Mario doesn’t sing that well
- Mario doesn’t have any money
- They listen always to music
- They never don’t watch TV
- You study really hard
- You doesn’t like the blue shirt
Present Simple Passive
These are some posts related to grammar that you might want to check out