Latitudes and longitudes are to within 0.00001 (5 digits after the comma) The 'Canadian Postal Codes' package can be EASILY imported to ANY database. The downloaded file size is 5.15 MB. . 2010 Census Database. Canadian Postal Codes. ZIP Code Boundary Data. ZIP Code API NEW!. Area Code Database. Historical Zip Codes. FREE Radius Application. FREE Store Locator. FREE Mobile App. NPA NXX Database. Find ZIP+4 of Address. Find the ZIP Code, County, and +4 of any U.S. Here are just a few of the many ways you can use our ZIP code databases and programs: Find the city and state for any ZIP code. List all ZIP codes in a state, county, city, or time zone. Find the latitude and longitude for any ZIP code. List all ZIP codes in an area code, MSA, or PMSA. Find the county name and county FIPS code for any ZIP code.
The ZIP code database contained in 'zipcode.csv' contains 43204 ZIP codes for the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and American Samoa. The database is in comma separated value format, with columns for ZIP code, city, state, latitude, longitude, timezone (offset from GMT), and daylight savings time flag (1 if DST is observed in this ZIP code and 0 if not).
This database was composed using ZIP code gazetteers from the US Census Bureau from 1999 and 2000, augmented with additional ZIP code information The database is believed to contain over 98% of the ZIP Codes in current use in the United States. The remaining ZIP Codes absent from this database are entirely PO Box or Firm ZIP codes added in the last five years, which are no longer published by the Census Bureau, but in any event serve a very small minority of the population (probably on the order of .1% or less). Although every attempt has been made to filter them out, this data set may contain up to .5% false positives, that is, ZIP codes that do not exist or are no longer in use but are included due to erroneous data sources. The latitude and longitude given for each ZIP code is typically (though not always) the geographic centroid of the ZIP code; in any event, the location given can generally be expected to lie somewhere within the ZIP code's 'boundaries'.
The database and this README are copyright 2004 CivicSpace Labs, Inc., and are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license, which requires that all updates must be released under the same license. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ for more details. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in receiving updates to this database as they become available.
Improve data entry speed and eliminate typos! Your users will think it's magic and will appreciate the convenience!
With Total ZipCode Database, you can create forms so your users can simply type in the zip code and have the corresponding city and state fields automatically filled in. Avoid entering invalid zip codes, typing city names, checking their spelling, or having zip codes and cities that don't match. You can even have drop down lists for zip codes with multiple city names.
Whether you're developing applications in Microsoft Access, Visual Studio .NET, SQL Server, Visual Basic 6 or any other platform, the Total ZipCode Database gives you the data you need to easily add this time saving feature and improve data entry accuracy. If you're entering addresses, Total ZipCode Database is for you!
World Postal Codes Database Free
FMS in conjunction with the United States Postal Service (USPS) is pleased to offer a monthly subscription to the official USPS zip code database, plus each zip code's geographical location (latitude and longitude):
We provide you with the official USPS zip code database with the list of every valid zip code and their acceptable city and state names across the entire USA. That's over 50,000 records!
There are over 42,000 unique zip codes each with a 'primary' city and state name, and some with more than one city name. Our database gives you every acceptable city name, plus the county name and number. Easily let your users choose the one they need without spelling a city name or state abbreviation EVER again!
There is also a list of zip codes with city names the USPS considers 'Not Acceptable', and the recommended city name. Easily use this data to clean up your addresses with the correct city name.
To see it in action, download the Free Demo!
Easily take our data and integrate it into your applications. The data is provided in three easy to use formats:
- Table in a Microsoft Access 2000-2019/Office 365 MDB database (works with Microsoft Access 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365)
- Table in a Microsoft Access 97 MDB database
- ASCII delimited file
Please let us know if you need other formats.
Microsoft Access Databases
The Microsoft Access zip code database also includes additional resources beyond zip codes:
- A table with a list of state abbreviations for US, Canada, Mexico, and Australia
- A table with a list of all countries
- A way to create a zip code table of just the official city names for each zip code
- A sample form with source code showing how to automatically fill the city and state when a user enters a zip code
- A table with unacceptable city names for certain zip codes
- Contains fields for Zip Code, Primary Status, City Name, State, County Number, County Name, Latitude, Longitude
- Additional file contains Zip Codes, States and Primary City only.
The USPS does not sell their zip code data. Anyone claiming to 'sell' the database does not have a legitimate license from the USPS. The USPS also doesn't want people with outdated information, so the data is only available on a subscription basis. Because zip codes are added and modified regularly, the USPS requires that you update your zip code database on a regular basis (at least once a year). To facilitate this, we provide the zip code database on a subscription basis that entitles you to the current copy plus 11 monthly copies.
Once you sign up, we'll contact you with the URL, user name, and password for downloading the data. On a monthly basis, when the new data is available, you'll receive an email notifying you that you can download it.
Getting and maintaining an accurate list of US zip codes and associated city and state names couldn't be easier!
FMS has licensed the list of USPS zip codes for you. Your use of the zip code database is subject to their restrictions:
Global Postal Code Database
- The underlying zip code data is property of the US Postal Service. You may not claim ownership of it, nor do you have the rights to re-distribute it.
- Licensing is on a per copy basis. If the application with the USPS data only uses one copy of the data, only 1 license is required regardless of the number of users that run the application in that location. However, if the data is copied and distributed (even if it's on the same machine or LAN), then a license must be purchased for each copy of the database.
- Licensing is valid during the period of your subscription.
Free Postal Code Database
Complete licensing information is available here.
|Total ZipCode Database Products|
| This product is only distributed electronically. After ordering, you are emailed information for your download.|
You will then receive 11 monthly emails notifying you when a new database is ready.
New Annual Subscription
Annual Subscription Renewal
| A license number is provided for each license purchased and is valid as long as the subscription remains current.|
Call for quantities over 25.
International Zip Code Database
* Pricing and specifications are subject to change without notice. Non-exclusive licensee of the United States Postal Service. USPS logo is a trademark of the United States Postal Service. Product advertising is neither approved nor endorsed by the USPS.